[OM] Project Kitty, "Before" shot

Subject: [OM] Project Kitty, "Before" shot
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:28:44 -0500
Here's an iPhone shot Sheri took of Gabriel the morning after he came
home with us.  To his credit, he didn't die during the night, so back to
the vet he went for another dose of fluids to rehydrate him.  Eventually
he started drinking on his own, and ate a tiny bit of food.  The morning
we saw him crawl into the litter box and pee was cause for celebration,
because we knew that his kidneys were starting to function again.

He suprised the hell out of us one morning when he actually climbed up
into the bed with us...

I wasn't yet convinced we should keep him, as we already had a nice
herd.  But I could tell that Sheri really was getting attached, and then
she pointed at me and told him, "See him?  He's the one you have to
convince."

What was the freakiest part was that I think he understood her, because
from that moment on, he attached himself to my side and gave me "that look."

I'm glad he stayed.  He's one of the coolest we've ever had.  I can pick
him up, cradle him on his back, and rub his tummy and he goes right to
sleep in my arms.

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard