Re: [OM] Riding in style

Subject: Re: [OM] Riding in style
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:42:22 -0600
> I am mystified too.  The "ornamental" pipes are blackened with carbon at
> the tips.  But I suspect they are still ornaments rather than orifices.
> Not sure about the intake.

It is possible that there is a wastegate system installed that allows
for redirection. The other possibility is that it's a split pipe
situation where the majority of the exhaust goes to the tailpipes, but
a small portion goes through the ornamental pipes for sight and sound,
without it being deafening.

I'm reminded of a "Top Gear" where they did something like this and it
LOUD. The next day, they attached individual mufflers to each of the
pipes.

> I doubt you and I would actually enjoy riding in it with the lowered roof!

Low riders, like this usually have very low seats. Probably not all
that bad inside.

> I would have liked to have seen it stock, even if pink.  I have it pegged
> as a '58.  I liked all the '57s and '58, but '58s seem to out-Batmobile the
> Batmobile.

The lowered roofline makes those fins look even bigger!

I'm still wanting to take an original Scion XB and turn it into a worm killer.

AG