[OM] Nikon film scanners

Subject: [OM] Nikon film scanners
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:57:30 -0300
I have a Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED 35mm and medium format film scanner.
Nikon no longer supports this scanner and Microsoft is abandoning any
support for its XP operating system early next year. Further, my XP desktop
machine may be coming to the end of its reliable working life.

I am told that Windows 7 Pro has a "work in XP mode" function through which
my scanner might / could / should work as if the Win 7 Pro machine was an XP
machine proper.

Does anyone have experience of "working in XP mode" on a Win 7 Pro machine
and more particularly whether XP based Nikon film scanners work properly in
that XP mode?

Thanks

John Hudson