Re: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:09:27 -0400
I thought about this before I made my reply about depth of focus.  You
may be right but I don't know how the situation is any different based
on the length of the adapter.  If the adapter has a tilt on one side of
X number of microns that tilt will be the same at the focal plane as it
was at the adapter regardless of adapter length.  If the tilt were
inside the lens such that there was another optical element in the path
before hitting the focal plane that might make a difference that I can't
compute.  But there is no other optical element in the path and I don't
see how that small tilt that easily fits within the depth of focus is of
any consequence whatsoever.

Chuck Norcutt