[OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced

Subject: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 23:44:16 -0400 (EDT)
>>> I'm not sure what he's measuring.

Roger at Lensrentals describes the technique on the optical bench and
provides references to the testing software.
He freely admits at being surprised he couldn't find an adapter that
was great as his original focus was elsewhere.
There is ample empirical evidence that the thinner adapters for longer
registration distance cams only occasionally cause any trouble at all.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1244559/1

I am not so sure with the MFT situation or especially the high res  FF
Sony A7r.  I don't think that thinking about how many microns the
adapter is off planar and
equating that to shifting the focal plane that  same amount properly
characterizes the issue as the whole lens is then tilted and
exaggerated by the
longer adapters.  I hope it is indeed a minimal issue.  Seems many WA
RF lenses are at least working OK r >= 35mm according to MR on A7r.
Some lenses produce a magenta cast
and some worry about smearing.  These issues are being enthusiastically
investigated at warp speed it seems.

Mike