[OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced

Subject: [OM] Sony A7 mirrorless FF body announced
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:10:20 -0400 (EDT)
Looks very exciting for alt lenses indeed.  It has gapless microlenses
but sometimes alt lenses don't play nicely with them
with short registration distance cams.  Some physically large adapters
seem to degrade MTF--an unexpected finding
by Roger at Lensrentals:
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-episode-763-lens-adapters

I have seen quite good data that smaller adapters like Nik-Canyon have
a modest effect and  no real world consequence.

The shutter on the new Sony critters is said to be loud and clunky
sounding:

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/10/15/hands-on-1st-impressions-the-sony-a7-a7r-and-rx10/

I wonder if shutter shock will be an issue but suspect it has an
electronic first curtain option like NEX though  have not read any
confirmation of that.
Focus peaking said to work very well.  Suspect owners of Leica RF glass
are salivating too  esp if the WA lenses work well on these cams.

Not selling my Canyon Dig back for Zuikos's quite yet,  Mike.