Re: [OM] 10000 hours

Subject: Re: [OM] 10000 hours
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:12:58 -0600
> Another old saw of which I was unaware? Or a slightly old saw, young enough
> that I missed it?
> Obvious BS in any case. Do people pay real attention to this kind of
> silliness?
> Whoever coined it had obviously not spent enough hours at learning his* trade.
> No B. S. Moose
> * No her would do such a silly thing.

I don't know what to say, Moose. As others are well aware of it, I can
only assume that you are spending far too much time travelling around,
camping and taking pictures.

The premise, which I don't dispute, is that it takes about five years
of full-time employment in a particular trade to become satisfactorily
expert at it. This does square up with my own experience and that of
the work world as I've seen it. In fact, the typical apprenticeship
lasts about this long for most skilled trades.

So, I'm challenging your challenge to my old saw, because I think it
is not only very well known, but generally accepted the world over.

AG (10,000 hour Geek) Schnozz