Re: [OM] Risotto/paella/food

Subject: Re: [OM] Risotto/paella/food
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 05:59:01 +0200
Well, what does "representative" mean?

1/3 of the population of Denmark lives in greater Copenhagen. Most of the
country's population lives in the 5 largest metro areas. In all other rich
countries the majority of the population lives in cities.

I find this whole idea that "la France profonde", i.e. the rural France (or its
equivalents in other countries) being the "true" France (something like saying
that Kanses is the true USA) utterly ridiculous. Few people live in the
countryside these days, and it is the big cities that are representative of
most countries' culture.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman