Re: [OM] Merits of trading down, from an OM3TI to an OM3?

Subject: Re: [OM] Merits of trading down, from an OM3TI to an OM3?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 21:30:22 -0400
Any silver oxide battery will last much longer than any alkaline battery
in an OM with electronic shutter.  Silver oxide batteries have a very
flat voltage curve as the battery discharges and don't drop voltage much
at all until the battery is exhausted.  Alkaline batteries start
dropping voltage right away even though they may still be able to
deliver a strong current.  But OM cameras with electronic shutters need
to see at least 2.2 volts from the pair of batteries or they'll shut
down with the mirror locked up thinking there isn't enough power to
close the shutter should it be allowed to open.

Just setting on the shelf my OM-2sp used to be "dead" with alkalines
after about 6 weeks.  With silver oxides it was more like 9 months.

Chuck Norcutt