Re: [OM] Merits of trading down, from an OM3TI to an OM3?

Subject: Re: [OM] Merits of trading down, from an OM3TI to an OM3?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:43:20 +1000
The battery drain problems were mostly solved by then. To check for a good one,
you hold the battery check on and if  the squeal cuts out after thirty seconds,
it's the new circuit. Many sudden flat battery problems were caused by the
camera bag pressing on the check lever and using up the battery on the 'OK'
sound.
Also, as there is no off switch on many OM's, the trick was to use wristwatch
grade batteries - SR44SW. These are designed for a constant slow drain. Regular
SR44's or alkalines can go flat pretty quickly. It's what Olympus recommended
but most people didn't know the difference.
I've bought a few 'faulty - mirror locked up' OM's in my time. people test them
with a battery off the bench and it still doesn't work. OM's REALLY like to
have fresh batteries installed and often sulk if you try partially depleted or
cheap, substandard batteries.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com