Re: [OM] Another battery data point for the E-M5

Subject: Re: [OM] Another battery data point for the E-M5
From: "Walters, Martin" <Martin.Walters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:14:58 +0000
Moose wrote: "Shorter battery is mostly the price for superior IBIS."

This may indeed be true.  Having got close to 700 shots from one Oly battery at
the air show recently (otherwise 300-400 seems the norm for my Oly batteries),
however, suggests that other factors are involved.  The only significant
difference was that I was only using a MF lens; IBIS, screen and EVF were all
on, and I don't think I ever switched the camera off.  This leads me to think
that the AF consumes a significant amount of battery power.

Martin