Re: [OM] Another battery data point for the E-M5

Subject: Re: [OM] Another battery data point for the E-M5
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 07:14:34 -0400
You are correct on both counts.  I forgot about the IBIS and, had I
known ahead of time how long my battery would last (as I do now) I would
simply have changed batteries during the 10 minute half-time... battery
change without missing any action.  As it was the battery would probably
have lasted the entire game but, since it was flashing a warning I
changed it about ten minutes before the end.

Changing batteries with my add-on grip installed is a bit fiddly as the
grip prevents the battery door from opening completely.  It's not enough
to prevent changing the battery but one must fiddle for some seconds
with gripping the battery to work it past the mild obstruction... the
battery doesn't just fall out.  Not significant under normal conditions
but perhaps frustrating if you are missing fast action as a result.

In any case I'm not about to spend $300 on anything that isn't
responsible for bending light trying to enter the camera.

Chuck Norcutt