Re: [OM] Forgotten War

Subject: Re: [OM] Forgotten War
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 22:38:49 -0400
The reason I was on the Nimitz in the first place was  to install 10
navigation consoles (in addition to other gear).  Our nav consoles could
be used by the air boss to steer and run the ship backwards in the
direction of the wind in order to reduce the relative wind velocity over
the deck.  That enables him to still launch aircraft in what would
otherwise be unworkable wind conditions.  But I still have no idea how
fast it can really go either forward or back.

Chuck Norcutt