[OM] OK, my head hurts. Time to ask the group.

Subject: [OM] OK, my head hurts. Time to ask the group.
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 21:07:54 -0500
I just found out that part of my inheritance from my father's estate has
cleared and as soon as I get the paperwork filed this week, will be on
the way.  Now, Dad wasn't wealthy, so it's not like I'm going shopping
for Leicas...

And with our current job situation, most of it will go towards paying
off bills.  However, I have to spend part of it on something fun,
something useful.... like a reasonably fast zoom for the E-M5 that I can
shoot concerts with.  I know Dad would have wanted that.

I've just spent too much time browsing lens reviews, and I'm fuzzy and
my brain hurts.

I need recommendations.  Budget - around $800 - $900.  Not talking "Big
Beige" for $3k.  Focal length: probably around 150 - 300mm equiv. which
should let me shoot in smaller clubs and slightly larger venues.

I'm not seeing much native MFT glass that's any faster than f4 or f5.

Any suggestions?

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard