[OM] Another 60/2.8 shot [was Speaking of lenses [was Speaking of sharpn

Subject: [OM] Another 60/2.8 shot [was Speaking of lenses [was Speaking of sharpness ... ]]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 16:26:01 -0700
I've not gone out looking for subjects, so they have to come to me. :-)

First time I went out the front door today, a spider had spun its web across
the opening out from the porch. I grabbed
E-M5 and 60/2.8 and took its picture.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=8432>

(Joel, note the bokeh!)

I think this is about 1:2 (FF 1:1). It's not as great as it could be, since the
spider was under the porch roof, so it's
at ISO 3200, to get 1/100 @ f11. I didn't try closer, as I was already making
it nervous, and hand holding.

Here's the framing I like. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=8434>

And closer still. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=8436>

It would be better at lower ISO, but it's pretty darn good. I'd NEVER get this
shot with MF and film. The spider moved
after the third shot. I'd have to set up with a tripod, slower film and slower
shutter speed - wait and wait - and take
a lot more shots. A little breeze, and it's over.

As it was, I moved in close, first shot was soft, next two looked good, done in
under a minute. I do love digital, and
my µ4/3 gear.

M.F.T. Moose*

* Not L.S.M.F.T. ;-)