[OM] Few more Utah shots

Subject: [OM] Few more Utah shots
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 18:48:33 -0400 (EDT)
Beerily Bleary Moose writes:

>>Sorry, PTE doesn't ring a bell, but I'm always happy with what shows
up, as
>>long as it's not serious stout or
>>heffeweise, and especially has no lemon in it. :-)

>>Nick has told me I must sample Heady Topper, brewed by The Alchemist
Brewing
>>Company in Vermont - and bring him some.
>>I've tried to tell him we aren't going as far East as their
distribution area.
>>But I'll keep an eye out.

Oh, had to think a sec--time has elapsed since your other post---Pliny
the elder.

Seems Moose is becoming a "hops head" with all these IPA's. Nothing
wrong with that AFAIK but migrating from preferences for American Brown
Ales
(especially secreted by brethren --Moose Drool) to IPA's is analogous
to going from OM gear to Canyon. One can discern I am still recovering
from the shock of learning
the list American Brown ale judge has shifted  brew style allegiances.

I think you correct concerning the heady topper, perhaps the very best
double IPA, regarding availability outside Vermont. I have made a few
inquiries
already to no avail---yet. Some "bootleg" samples can ocassionally be
had for 20 bucks a pop in Boston--some spotted at Lord Hobo not that
long ago.

http://lordhobo.com/?page_id=188

Too bad there are all these restrictions on shipping small quanitites
of brew--really mostly protectionism and a bit of residual Puritanism.
NH is the "live free or die" state and much much less of that-- I had
the Moose Drool shipped there to Pat, worked last time and my
nurse/study coordinator is accustomed to such odd ball requests.

Libertarian Mike