Re: [OM] Few more Utah shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Few more Utah shots
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 02:07:24 -0700
On 9/1/2013 7:19 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Just had a bit of time to process a few more. Last 13 have not been
> posted.  Weather did not permit getting to the Burr Trail but we did
> take horses up to the top of the Mummy formations.
>
> http://www.olyendomike.com/Travel/Utah-2013/29032801_4n5j6t#!i=2605073145&k=K5cHJBt

Some lovely scenery and enjoyable images.

Jacob's Chair is seriously underexposed; the top of the histogram is empty.
Levels settings of 0, 1.12 and 176 put it to
rights. Delicate Arch is also underexposed, but not quite as badly. With shots
like that, I tend to half press while
pointed down so the darker land is maybe 2/3 of the frame for exposure reading,
then reframe. Quicker than changing EV.

A couple of others are also, less, underexposed. For shots in really flat
light, like Marnie crossing the stream,
bringing EV back to zero usually helps.

On Foot Moose