Re: [OM] IMG: Pungo Creek Butcher

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Pungo Creek Butcher
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 08:00:17 -0600
> I guess I have to take issue with two aspects of what Ken wrote.

That's all? I'll have to try harder.

> 1) 'Protein', by which I assume that he means 'meat', is not the main part of
> a healthy meal, although I have often noted that chefs (and recipe books)
> seem to categorise main course meals according to what kind of meat is in
> them.

I should have just said "main dish". Substitute with whatever.

> 2) Ken omitted any mention of green, root and seed vegetables (eg beans);
> these are the most nutritionally valuable components of a main course meal.

Those are usually the things that food eats.

> 3) In my book (ie according to my judgement), potatoes are a valued meal
> item on their own and don't necessarily need anything else.

I would disagree with potatoes being a meal in itself. You CAN survive
on them, but it's not something I would recommend.

> I'm no longer a vegan, but am well aware of what makes a safe meal,
> health-wise.

I trust that in your vegan years, you also consumed plants that had an
opportunity to live out it's days, reproduce and achieve oneness with
the world. I see so many vegans that are such hyprocrites in this
regard.

:)

--
Ken Norton