Re: [OM] IMG: Pungo Creek Butcher

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Pungo Creek Butcher
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 23:48:02 +1200
Ken wrote;

> Agreed. Most regions of the world have a starchy placeholder (serial
> filler) for the protein. Rice, corn, wheat and potatoes are the primary
> modes of it around the globe.

I guess I have to take issue with two aspects of what Ken wrote.

1) 'Protein', by which I assume that he means 'meat', is not the main part of
a healthy meal, although I have often noted that chefs (and recipe books)
seem to categorise main course meals according to what kind of meat is in
them.
2) Ken omitted any mention of green, root and seed vegetables (eg beans);
these are the most nutritionally valuable components of a main course meal.
3) In my book (ie according to my judgement), potatoes are a valued meal
item on their own and don't necessarily need anything else.

I'm no longer a vegan, but am well aware of what makes a safe meal,
health-wise.

IMO; YMMV.

Brian Swale