Re: [OM] Hot Woman, Fast Car & Moon Shot

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Woman, Fast Car & Moon Shot
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:58:54 -0400
Sorry, I guess I made up the term "capture noise reduction".  The term
"capture" is more properly used with "capture sharpening".  I said
"capture noise reduction" since noise reduction should be performed
before image sharpening.  Both are part of the same panel in ACR.  Also
note that "capture sharpening" (early stage process on raw files) is
different from "sharpening for effect" which is done as the last step of
image processing when the image has been sized for a particular display
or print size.  AFAIK, these terms originate with Bruce Fraser (now
deceased) in his book "Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop
2" and since carried on by Jeff Schewe in similarly titled books (who
continues to credit Bruce Fraser as a co-author)

Chuck Norcutt