Re: [OM] Moon Shot

Subject: Re: [OM] Moon Shot
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:09:01 -0400
Strange.  The larger 2755x2066 images (which are only displaying at
about 50% size on my screen) make the moon appear as though it's covered
by teeny-tiny pock marks.  I assume this is some sort of digital noise
or artifacts from display conversions.  Do you see that in your
originals, either the full resolution image or the 5+ MP JPEG image that
you uploaded?

Actually, I just realized that what I'm seeing at 2755x2066 must be a
1:1 crop out of the full frame.  At 600mm (300 + 2X converter) the image
size of the moon is only about 1/4 of the 4/3 frame height.  Maybe ACR
can remove that "noise" in its noise removal step... the one where
you're told to review at 100% or greater.

Chuck Norcutt