Re: [OM] Hot Woman, Fast Car & Moon Shot

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Woman, Fast Car & Moon Shot
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:49:01 -0400
ACR's NR is capture noise reduction.  I do use it but not often.  For
most images taken in reasonably good light and low ISO it makes little
or no difference.  Also, I don't think you'd ever see much difference in
a small image.  But when it does do something significant it does so
rather dramatically when you are (as requested) viewing the image at
100% or greater.  I have been amazed at how it is able to reduce clearly
visible noise at that high magnification and not have any apparent ill
effect on image detail if you keep it in check.  And it's easy to use
since you have a simple slider to move and can watch the image change in
real time.

Chuck Norcutt