Re: [OM] IMG: Christmas Market

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Christmas Market
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:42:00 +0100 (BST)
Andrew,
               As someone who is recovering from an almost fatal attack of "Man
Flu " I can see where you are coming from.  ;o)>    During the course of my
teaching career  pupils who had missed a few days with a sore throat inevitably
had tonsillitis.  On the few occasions that I have had full blown tonsillitis I
have woken up in bed with the bedclothes saturated, sweating uncontrollably and
often hallucinating . I suffer from blocked sinuses as a result of an old rugby
injury and this frequently causes severe headaches. Can either put my life on
hold or just get on with it.  Rarely these lead to a migraine, and what a
difference!! Head tries to explode, continual feeling of hot needles stabbing
into my eyes, and unable to tolerate light. Then I feel totally confused. Cycle
start to finish probably less than 2 days. Then life is put on hold...unable to
drive, loss of balance, cannot focus, unable to take decisions, very miserable
time.
As an aside I totally agree about semi- skimmed milk. Revolting stuff. My wife
tries to get me to take the "healthy option" I refuse. She drinks coffee with
all the goodness taken out !!! Decaff with fat free milk UGGHHHH.
You have fallen into the trap of referring to UK citizens as "English". Not
fair on Welsh, Scots etc, and a bit of a generalisation.
As I recall there is a big market in the States for "Fat Free and 1%"milk."
List Curmudgeons must stick together!!!   ;o)>

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK