Re: [OM] Colorado Zuikofest

Subject: Re: [OM] Colorado Zuikofest
From: Candace <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:34:25 -0600
On 8/16/13 12:15 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I was getting slightly concerned. The grip you had on the OM-3Ti said
> that we might have to hold a kid hostage or something to get it back.
> That and the silly grin that crossed your face and the stuttering. It
> affects all of us.
Hey, *you* started it. ;-)
> A little back story for the others: After we all ate at this Italian
> restaurant, we went back to the rest area / park which was across the
> street. It was getting into evening and the sun had as good as set. I
> handed the OM-3Ti with 28/2 to Candace and she was duly impressed by
> the IMAX sized viewfinder and bright screen. Then I swapped out the
> 28/2 for the 100/2. It was curtains at that point. I don't think she
> had ANY interest in looking back through an E-system finder ever
> again.
Definite camera and lens envy going on over here.

> And thanks to Kevin for buying! He was probably glad to see that I'm
> not some totally creepy guy. My hairlength is actually longer than his
> (LOL) and just slightly shorter than yours.
LOL. we should have compared length, I didn't even think of it. Next
time. Unless I get to cut and donate mine before then...my male child is
rather fond of my long hair, to the point of getting teary when I just
trim it. At some point he won't care, and then I will whack it. Don't
know how gray I will be by then. ;-)
>> And I truly am going to send you my rolls of film when you are ready for
>> them. They are old. And I don't know what all is on them. babies, I
>> guess. ;-) See how I worked you right into doing another job for me? ;-)
> There's close to 50 rolls of film stacked up between you, me and a
> couple other people.
So the other people only have 2 rolls a piece? ;-)

>> Thank you again, it really was wonderful to meet everyone in your clan!
> Ditto. I think we travelled over three passes to get there, including
> going through the tunnell. A much more pleasant drive in the X5 than
> the last time we did it in the asthmatic Grand Cherokee. I know the
> passengers enjoyed the views of the mountains up through the massive
> sunroof. I enjoyed driving all those curves.
HA! We have you beat going the other direction. It's a drive you really
should take at some point. 3 tunnels, and Glenwood Canyon. The John
Denver highway. One really must see it, absolutely gorgeous.

> I'm thinking that we need to organize a large-scale Zuikofest over in
> the Grand Junction area.

HEY! I'm in! No one else would probably want to come do it, though,
there's really nothing at all to see or photograph.
Just stuff like this:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Landscapes

And Moose, shhhh, our lips are sealed. ;-)

Candace