Re: [OM] Colorado Zuikofest

Subject: Re: [OM] Colorado Zuikofest
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 12:15:40 -0600
> It was *very* enjoyable to meet the entire Schnozz Clan, Layla included.

Oh, our canine Schnozzer?  I frequently call her Cujo. (It's a toy poodle).

> Although, I confess, there is this missing time frame where I don't
> really recall anyone else being around...just me and a camera...which
> The Schnozz insisted on having back. Sigh.

I was getting slightly concerned. The grip you had on the OM-3Ti said
that we might have to hold a kid hostage or something to get it back.
That and the silly grin that crossed your face and the stuttering. It
affects all of us.

A little back story for the others: After we all ate at this Italian
restaurant, we went back to the rest area / park which was across the
street. It was getting into evening and the sun had as good as set. I
handed the OM-3Ti with 28/2 to Candace and she was duly impressed by
the IMAX sized viewfinder and bright screen. Then I swapped out the
28/2 for the 100/2. It was curtains at that point. I don't think she
had ANY interest in looking back through an E-system finder ever
again.

I know that I wax lyrical to the point of whatever it was that Joel
said, but I think I can be justified in it when it comes to the OM-3Ti
with F2 lenses.

> Thank you so much for making that trek to meet up and for fiddling with
> my lenses to try and sort out the oddities I see from time to time, I
> really appreciate you and yours.

And thanks to Kevin for buying! He was probably glad to see that I'm
not some totally creepy guy. My hairlength is actually longer than his
(LOL) and just slightly shorter than yours.

> And now to make time to play with my new-to-me E-1. I am eagerly looking
> forward to learning this body. And downloading the manual. ;-) Thank
> you, thank you, thank you!

It's in good hands.

> And I truly am going to send you my rolls of film when you are ready for
> them. They are old. And I don't know what all is on them. babies, I
> guess. ;-) See how I worked you right into doing another job for me? ;-)

There's close to 50 rolls of film stacked up between you, me and a
couple other people.

> Thank you again, it really was wonderful to meet everyone in your clan!

Ditto. I think we travelled over three passes to get there, including
going through the tunnell. A much more pleasant drive in the X5 than
the last time we did it in the asthmatic Grand Cherokee. I know the
passengers enjoyed the views of the mountains up through the massive
sunroof. I enjoyed driving all those curves.

I'm thinking that we need to organize a large-scale Zuikofest over in
the Grand Junction area.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx