Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 31: the Norwegian Epic

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 31: the Norwegian Epic
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 07:51:09 -0400
The best cruise I've ever been on was to the Galapagos Islands.  Our boat
held 10 people and 4 of them were our family.  I would not want to go on a
bigger ship!  The only other cruise I've been on was down the Yangtze River
in China and we were the only non-Chinese people on board.  That one was
fine, too.

Tina

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 1:00 AM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, Nathan.
>
> I liked the monochrome treatments of the performer and Naples harbour.
>
> A "chimney" on a ship is normally called a "funnel", to the best of my
> knowledge.
>
> The photo of the ship tied up filled me with horror – for reasons I have
> written already.  No thank you, sir! :-)
>
> And the Costa Concordia's sail by had nothing to do with it (although that
> was crass stupidity, of course): I deplore legions of tourists arriving in
> huge coaches in places like Cambridge or the picturesque towns of south
> Germany, and the sea-borne cruise vessels are equally deplorable to me.
>
> Chris
>
> On 10 Aug 2013, at 18:39, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So far I have posted galleries from Italy and from Marseille resulting
> from the cruise we did last week. Here is the last installment, in the form
> of the weekly blog. Most of the pictures are from the ship, with a few from
> land as well. There is all kind of strange stuff, but also a nice jazz
> pianist, a couple of lovely ladies, artfully folded towels and much more:
> >
> > http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=1030
> >
> > As always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated.
>
> --

Tina Manley