Re: [OM] IMG: Beautiful old Chevy

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Beautiful old Chevy
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:20:30 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 7/30/2013 4:27:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I read  that as "Big Bopper" and the small print underneath reads "music
matters",  in which case I think a rock & roll reference is  implied.

Yes, I read it that way and that is the reason I previously referenced
lyrics to Don Mclean's "American Pie."

So, bye  bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was  dry
Them good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singing...
This'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I  die

The song does, according to many, reference to some degree the plane crash
in which, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P, "The Big Bopper" Richards,
Jr.  died.

Bill " Old Enough to Remember" Barber

Yes, remember both 1959 plane crash and the 1971 release of the  song.