Re: [OM] E-M5 baby bag

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 baby bag
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:50:03 -0500
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry to hear about that.  Good luck to her on finding something else.

Thanks.  The sad thing is, we could probably work it out with just my
salary and a part-time job for her if the Veterans' Administration would
stop jerking us around on her mom's assisted-living housing benefits.

It's been two years - they keep turning us down and forcing us to appeal
again.  Mom is a 94-year-old WWII widow.  She's in assisted living because
she needs it.  Her husband was a WWII vet with combat duty.  SHE QUALIFIES
FOR THE DANG MONEY!!!  This last round, we submitted an appeal for review,
and they said that our case was now down in Indianapolis awaiting the
process.  They said that we can expect to hear something after March of
2014.

Really?  2014??????

My thought is that either they're trying to drive us into bankruptcy or
trying to drag it out long enough so that Mom dies and then they'll tell us
they don't owe us any money now.  We've been working with our state
representative, and it hasn't really helped much.  Except that the VA is no
longer communicating directly with us - they now communicate through the
rep's office.

Bureaucracy.  That's what's really killing this country.
--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard