Re: [OM] What is the split?

Subject: Re: [OM] What is the split?
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:41:48 +0000 (UTC)
Bill, I still have a few batteries left so thought someone else wound answer.
I have several suppliers bookmarked, will look.  I still shoot 50-50
film/digital, b&w, have darkroom but still learning to wet print and scan.
Have the color equipment but never tried it.

        ----- Original Message -----  From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx  To:
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sent: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 04:22:04 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [OM] What is the split?        I find it interesting that I've offered
a piece or two of OM equipment at       favorable prices recently and have had
few responses. Last week I put an        inquiry out about resources for
inexpensive batteries for OM cameras and  got   no responses.  Several times in
the past I have put a group  order together   for list members to get favorable
pricing on batteries.   What this is   telling me, if I'm reading it correctly,
is that few folks are  using film these   days.  My guess is that in the past
most folks were  having a lab process   their film and there are not many labs
open these  days.  Although I have a   pro quality darkroom at home, I find my
workflow  these days generally starts   with film capture, which I scan, make
enlarged  negatives on my printer and   then print them with some alternative
process. I do  sh
 oot some digital,   however I would say that most of my serious work currently
 begins with film   and most of that is large format although I still shoot 35
and  medium format.       So my split on capture is probably 90% film and 10%
digital.  What is  yours?  I'm just curious and wondering if most of the OM
gear out there is      gathering dust.  Bill Barber  --