Re: [OM] Possibly stupid Olympus question

Subject: Re: [OM] Possibly stupid Olympus question
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 16:22:49 -0600
Shallow DoF is a non-issue these days. No need to be concerned about that
at all. DoF gain from the smaller format is actually to our benefit most of
the time.

I agree with Nathan about 4/3. Olympus will do something to save face, but
the fact they killed the promised 100/2 macro says that they aren't going
to do squat about anything further in 4/3.

That said, I believe m43 is where the action is at. They do need to have a
bigger/better body than the OM-D, but they will never run with the big dogs
again. They've screwed the pros too many times and that ship done sailed.
The problem with aiming for the enthusiest crowd is that you only the
flavor of the year for only a year. The number of people already waiting to
dump the E-M5 is telling on how fickle we are.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx