Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX

Subject: Re: [OM] Need to revive OM in PDX
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:00:15 -0400
Their entry into af (OM-77/707)  was rather  anemic as Minolta had the
market sown up. The 77 had tons of problems with no fixes.  An
overpowered motor driven mirror-up mechanism that depended on a sliding
clutch lubed with "sticky grease"  The mirror would go up so fast, the
mech would instantly get out of sync with the shutter.  Out of sync =
shutter will not fire.  The OM-10, and the AFL with no filter threads on
the lens and lithium batteries soldered in (dealers REALLY loved that one).

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  | omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Olympus OM Service since 1977