Re: [OM] One more lens to look for

Subject: Re: [OM] One more lens to look for
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:58:42 +1200
Ken Norton wrote:
> I have a couple of the latest/greatest 50/1.4 lenses, as well as the
> 50/1.8 lenses. When comparing sharpness and overall functionality, the 1.8
> is just as good and essentially indestinguishable. However, how the lenses
> handle OOF highlights and bokeh is just different enough to swing the
> choice one way or the other. Honestly, if I'm looking for image honesty,
> I'll take the honest 50/1.8. Personally, I prefer a bit of personality in
> my photographs, so I'll grab the 50/1.4 which has gobs of personality.
> I'll stop here.
For the sake of clarity for Vick, I ask the esoterical question "by 1.8 did you
mean the "MIJ 1.8" ",  which has the words  "Made in Japan" on the front
ring, the serial number on the chrome ring, and a front element set that is
practically impossible to dis-assemble?

The last and best of the approx 8 versions of the Zuiko 1.8.

Brian Swale