Re: [OM] IMG: The Dock, Redo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Dock, Redo
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 22:28:42 +1200
Tina wrote:
> PESO:
>
> I couldn't resist going back and redoing the K14 scan that I've had the
> most problems with using the Camera Raw filter.
>
> Here is before:

> Here is after:

> Better?
Tina, in my opinion, what has happened is that you have removed some
inappropriate colours; and what remains is very unsaturated.

Compare the sky and clouds in the two. The first image gave an inkling of
the real colours; the second is nearly devoid of colour. Can you remove the
excess green and at the same time retain the best of the rest?

Secondly, is that image as sharp as you expected? To my eyes it doesn't
look sharp at all. IMO.

I really ought to scan a few of my Kodachromes of the same vintage and
see how mine behave ...

Brian Swale.