Re: [OM] Steam trains running this summer

Subject: Re: [OM] Steam trains running this summer
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:54:43 +0100
On 9 July 2013 17:57, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That looks good, Jez.
>
> Trouble is, it's not that photogenic if you're in the train.  I'd like to
> find a vantage point, perhaps a bridge over the line, from which to capture
> the train passing.

Can I suggest something smaller?  A few weeks ago I went on the Welsh
Highland Railway, which is a narrow gauge line running between Porthmadog
and Caernarfon.  The train is long enough and the line meanders enough that
you can often see the loco from near the back of the train, which often has
an open-sided carriage.

Haven't uploaded the photos properly yet, but there's a few snaps tagged
onto this that show what I mean:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2190967&code=f33adeecd3e3c457d8e9b6e22c22b569

Ian

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer