Re: [OM] [OT] Ham Radio

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Ham Radio
From: Robert Burnette <r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 00:19:59 -0400 (EDT)
KG4UQN since 2002.

Got into ham radio because my oldest son was an enthusiastic ham operator. He
talked my youngest son and I into getting our operator's licenses. A little
over six years ago he and his wife became NGO missionaries in Cambodia. He took
his ham gear with him, but he has never gotten around to becoming licensed
there. I haven't been on the air much since he left. Still have my equipment
and a 50 ft tower antenna.

Starting in 1976 I was a licensed CB operator for several years running a legal
4 watts and a Joe Gunn "V" antenna. When conditions were right I talked "skip"
to operators in Europe and across the Pacific. Never used an amplifier. I got
tired of staying up half the night so I quit. Then we decided to go amateur
radio and it started all over again. ;o) Now I've lost touch with former ham
operators and I'm silent again.

Robert Burnette