Re: [OM] Re; OT Browsers... or viruses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re; OT Browsers... or viruses?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:01:50 -0500
On 6/14/13 07:56 : , Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Yes, I banned Avast and AVG a couple years ago.  I banned AVG after it
> quietly began quarantining Windows system files where no other AV
> product could find an infection.  It had actually quarantined 60 files
> before I discovered it and I was surprised the system hadn't failed.  I
> don't recall why I abandoned Avast but I decided to move to Microsoft's
> Security Essentials.  It's pretty bare bones and doesn't have provisions
> for scanning anything other than the entire system but I only run that
> part once/week and after I turn in for the night.

Me, too.  I used to be an Avast proponent, but then it started to be a
real resource hog, so I switched my Windows box and those that I support
in private life to AVG, and then like you said, it started doing weird,
unpredictable things, so I also switched to MSE and it seems to be fine.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard