Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 09:51:17 -0400
  Not if you choose your import carefully. Honda switched to a timing chain
in their 2.4L four-banger in 2003 I believe. My '04 CR-V has 200K miles and
has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Nothing has ever
failed, only routine maintenance and a few batteries. Even still has
original water pump and brake pads. The accessory drive belt was supposed
to be changed at 100K but it looked perfect so I let it go until 190K.
Still looked perfect but I was getting nervous.
    Timing belt breakage? Yes, I had that with my 1998 VW Passat. Mine went
at 110K. I got lucky though. VW failed to put any mention of the timing
belt needing replacing at 90K in the owner's manual for the 1.8L turbo
(mentioned the diesel and the 2.8L, but not the four cylinder). VW replaced
the head for free. Said a few quiet prayers over that one.

Charlie