Re: [OM] OK, now this is better

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, now this is better
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 15:42:26 -0600
> The grip is on my list of things I want, but the $300 was too much when I
> bought the camera.

I consider it the price of the camera system itself. I wouldn't buy an
OM-D without it. Won't even consider it. However, here comes the
rub--once you start adding the grip and battery pack (both required
for balance as the body is not tall enough for it to leverage properly
into the heal of your hand), we're up to a price which is comparable
to much better cameras. The price spread between the OM-D+grips is not
too far from a Canon 6D.

The X-Pro1 was the huge surprise of the day for me. Again, the
shutter-release was just a hint too close to the right, but the camera
felt very, very well in the hand. That viewfinder is quite the
experience. I'm in hog heaven there. Oh, and one other thing. The
Fujis made in-camera B&Ws to die for. My goodness, those rocked. But
the X-Pro1 was an instant like. And that 18/2 lens is
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Now, to go buy that 14-42 for the L1. See you guys on the other side.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx