Re: [OM] Computer Quote

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Quote
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:56:03 -0600
> I used PWP for a couple of years before moving to PhotoShop (because it
> was required and also free to me).  It's still installed on my computer
> but I rarely use it these days.  But if I suddenly had to pay the full
> freight on PhotoShop I'd probably rediscover PWP and/or Elements.

A few years ago I purchased a Wacom tablet and it came with Elements
at no additional cost. I did spend about a hundred bucks total on PWP.

Many of you have "gamed the system" to avoid paying full-freight costs
of Photoshop. Even with your tightwad ways, you could have still
purchased some pretty impressive cameras for what you threw away to
Adobe through the years. And this doesn't even include all the
computer upgrades to keep from slicing your wrists while it
hourglasses.

If you think the howling about Creative Cloud is bad now. Wait till
Adobe monetizes DNG. (Actually, for those of us who haven't sprung for
a Box Photoshop, CC is a pretty good way to go. But DNG has never been
a good way to go).

AG (Just say "NO!" to DNG unless it's the native format used by a
perticular premium camera brand) Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx