Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony will get Oly 5 axis IBIS
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:11:56 -0600
> Maybe, but what makes you think Sony is any better situated financially?

Because the entire consumer imaging division isn't even pocket change
to SONY. They can spend more money on one trade show than Olympus
spends on R&D for a year.

There was a company here in Iowa, that had a lot in common with
Olympus. Highly respected, made very high quality products, etc. But
at some point they lost their edge. They made several foolish
decisions which altered the course of the company. The management
couldn't recognize that they were in deep trouble and continued to
pretend that only the domestic market mattered and they had the best
engineering in their product category.

Even as they were being bought out by another company and everybody
was being terminated, they still had the attitude of being God's Gift
to Housewives, everywhere.

Today, there is no Maytag. The Maytags you see in the stores now are
rebadged Whirlpools.

We are very close to the point where there is no Olympus. The
Olympuses you see in the stores (if you ever COULD see an Olympus in a
store--snark) will just be rebadged SONYs.

I don't care to predict the demise of companies, but so far, I'm
batting close to a thousand. It's not hard, really. They all follow
the same patterns. Olympus is such a perfect example of a failing
company that you can just about set your clock to it.

AG (does anybody know what time it is) Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx