Re: [OM] Image Editing System

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Editing System
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 18:34:15 +0200
I have been buying refurbished mac for a while, this baby should run
well with some more ram.
<http://store.apple.com/us/product/G0LG1LL/A/refurbished-mac-pro-293ghz-12-core-intel-xeon>

Tina I would buy a topend machine with a good motherboard, cpu, and the
OS installed on an SSD the rest of the components such as graphics card,
extra memory, ssd and disks are easily added later if required. Make
sure the case is capable of holding 3.5" disk and is cabled ready and
then I would say on a scale of 1 to 10  it would be 2 to add extra disks
and 3-4 a graphic card, with 1 being plugging a power cable in and 10
swapping a motherboard.

I see the move going to the GPU and multi core so to be future proof I
would get teh best cpu and motheboard you can. There  was a huge leap in
speed with the currebt processors from your laptop and desktop
processors are generally much faster than laptops.

IanW