Re: [OM] Computer Quote

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Quote
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:29:05 -0700
On 6/7/2013 2:15 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> You've got me pegged alright!  I think William has convinced me that I need
> to wait for the Haswell processor which is faster and cooler.  Dell has it
> available but not in everything yet.
>
> There is a regular HD listed, third from last - 3TB SATA.

The only reference to TB or 3TB  a search finds is in the documentation section
and refers to some sort of documentation
when a 2 TB or larger HD is selected. There is no such thing shown in the first
section listing components, that I can find.

Make sure and HD you include is SATA 2 or 3. A SATA 1 3 TB drive will be less
useful in daily use than a 1 TB SATA 3.
(Yes, nerds and any lurking nerdettes, I know no HD can fully meet SATA III
speeds all, or even most of the time, but
why have a bottle neck?)

> I am having a hard time reading the quote and figuring out what it means.

Close to incomprehensible.

> I'm anxious to get a faster computer but my laptop seems to sense that I'm
> searching for a replacement.  It has been blazingly fast all day today!
>
> I'm going to slow down and do some more research before I buy.

Good Luck! And I, for one, would be interested in reports, as I am also in the
market.

Shopping Tech Moose