Re: [OM] Diffraction distraction continued

Subject: Re: [OM] Diffraction distraction continued
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:09:47 -0700
On 5/31/2013 9:00 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>> diffraction blurring is not to be worried about in most cases.
> In my experience anything beyond f16  is to be avoided if possible.
> Kinda hard to avoid with macro. Sometimes the tradeoff is worth it
> though. Why else did they put f45 on the 135 macro??

So you can prove to yourself that f32 is the furthest one should go. :-)

That's what I found with a quite deep, 3D subject. Loss of focal plane
resolution was balanced by increase of DOF to
about f32. Tough to choose between f16 and f32; would depend on the particular
subject and intent. F45 was just too
soft. I never tried it again, but I knew exactly why.

Pragmatic Moose