Re: [OM] Oly 4/3 vs m4/3 lens mounts and adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly 4/3 vs m4/3 lens mounts and adapters
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 22:19:10 +1000
In my experience the c-mount to m4/3 adapters can be flaky, I got one that
worked on the 3rd attempt.  I'm not sure what the problem was exactly but
when the adapter was mounted on my E-P1 the screen went black, ok once the
adapter was removed.  The one I got that actually worked is branded "FOTGA".

...Wayne

> Thanks for the thoughts.  Unfortunately, the OM to C-mount adapter is not
> only expensive ($50) but makes the problem worse by a couple of
> millimeters since it's quite thick.  However the C-mount to m4/3 adapter
is
> inexpensive ($5) and provides a large, flat gluing area for some form of
OM
> body mount.  I just have to figure out what that is.  Maybe one of my old
OM