Re: [OM] IMG: Kids Still Like Aircraft

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Kids Still Like Aircraft
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 23:53:55 +0100
That's a good shot, Jim.

Our students love aircraft, but ours, the Grob Tutor, is still awaiting
clearance to get airborne after fitting new props.  The old Hoffman prop fell
off 3 times in 8 years, twice in 3 months (August and January) so they have
procured and fitted a MT prop.  But now we have a problem with the CSU not
maintaining RPM in certain phases of flight (less than 1g), so we probably
won't fly until they have managed to clear the complete envelope.  Meanwhile
our students are still waiting to fly.  I've not flown since 21 December last
year; I'll have to sit and practise my checks a while and fly some IF to regain
my rating when we do fly again . . .

Chris