Re: [OM] About nothing at all

Subject: Re: [OM] About nothing at all
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 07:03:28 -0500
You have to also consider that the French tend to misplace blame for the
traffic deaths. For example, instead of acknowledging that unprotected
concrete pillars inches from the roadway in a curving tunnel/underpass kill
people when they are run into, the authorities will always blame the driver.

On Friday, May 10, 2013, SwissPace wrote:

> I would like to see it broken down by road type, I can't believe that
> the French Toll Autoroutes are more dangerous (even given the slightly
> higher speed) than the UK motorways. I would need to see accurate
> figures to convince me.
>

> On 10/05/2013 08:58, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> > Now that is interesting. I see that the Australian and French figures
> are fairly close but the rate is boosted in France by the numbers of
> motorcycle deaths. Similarly, in  the UK the death rate is less than half
> due to vehicle occupants whereas out vehicle death rate is around 2/3rds.
> The Australian and American figures are comparable - with much higher
>
> --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.zone-10.com