Re: [OM] rokkor 58/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] rokkor 58/1.2
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 14:19:28 +0000
There's plenty of good info on conversions online. The conversion is fully
reversible on EOS. Jim Buchanan (on FredMiranda.com) makes a nice
replacement mount that is super quick to put on , and well made. Nothing
needs to be irreversibly modified unless using some of the hack-job
conversion methods (cogitech's method for example).

You only need to file the rear ring down if you want infinity wide open.
Otherwise, just shoot it as-is. Infinity is not where this lens is best at
anyway, it's more interesting at portrait distances.

2x crop factor will be rather lacking, I wouldn't expect to see the "wow"
from this lens unless used full-frame.

Wide-open it's the best f/1.2 lens in the corners that Modern Photography
ever tested, from what I recall.