Re: [OM] Phone Photo Apps

Subject: Re: [OM] Phone Photo Apps
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 15:52:01 -0500
> Carol's iPad can use cellular signal not only to browse the web, etc., but
> provide a Wi-Fi hotspot...

I'm pretty hip on these new 3G/4G pocketable hot-spots that you can
buy from the providers. I would much rather have the rest of my
devices be as network agnostic as possible. But what about using your
cellphone, you ask? Well, you could. But the problem there is that
your cellphone must now multitask as a phone, browser, app-device and
wifi hotspot. There isn't enough battery life to go around AND nothing
ever seems to work right when all your eggs are in that basket.

Price for a 3G/4G WiFi hotspot per month is the same as it is for most
devices or phones, anyway, so you might as well have the separate
component and share it across smartphones (so you don't need a data
plan for each of your two phones), iPads, Android Tablets, laptops,
household appliances, home computers and televisions...

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx