Re: [OM] Extended warranty

Subject: Re: [OM] Extended warranty
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:35:39 -0500
I don't care if you're 125, a new car is a bad deal. It will depreciate a
good 25% in the nanosecond it rolls off the dealer's property.

Because of the structure of leases written by the manufacturer, at least in
the US you can get great deals on cars that are near current models with
very low mileage. My most recent purchase, a 2010 Lexus, had about 34,000
miles on it, in almost perfect condition. Also, there are aftermarket
warranties that will duplicate the manufacturers for additional miles. Buy
one of those carefully. I got mine from the guy that would have to collect
on the insurance if anything went wrong.