Re: [OM] Extended warranty

Subject: Re: [OM] Extended warranty
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 00:17:36 -0500
Bill, I think you are being a little harsh.  Sometimes there are reasons to
do so.  When one gets in one's eighties, and cannot deal with a breakdown on
the road, and can no longer see to maintenance details oneself, then a new
car may be justified.  It provides warranty service during the period when
most problems show up.  If one knows how to deal with the sales personnel
and paperwork pushers, the result can be a happy situation.  I did just that
five years ago, went to the dealer during the warranty period, and now get
my maintenance done by a local independent shop which has good access to
parts and information.  I'm sure this Volvo will outlive me.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA